Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nesting....

I have taken the last 2 days off work as annual leave to begin the process of "nesting". I know that I finish work next week, but I have been feeling so overwhelmed with everything that has been going on (including P's big birthday party with 50 people last weekend - no mean feat to organise I might add!!) that my darling husband suggested that I take a couple of "nesting days".

As recently as Chrismtas Eve, we never would have imagined that we would potentially have our referral in January/Feb - our best guess was that we would get our wonderful news in Feb/March or March/April, so to suddenly have it looking like we will get news at the beginning of February was pretty unexpected, and really jolted us into a state of panic.

After 7 years, we're not prepared!!!

For so long we have been trying to put the whole child thing out of our minds, and concentrate on other aspects of life (not very successfully I might add, but it has worked somewhat) that all of a sudden we find oursleves not having a clue about the latest prams/cots/baby carriers/etc etc etc....

So we are in full-on research mode. 5 years ago I knew which pram I wanted, and had a pretty good idea about baby carriers, brands of formula, nappies etc. As I've discovered, however, a hec of a lot changes in 5 years....and I'm back to square one.

Still....it's fun doing the research!!!

No comments: