In the words of Bridget Jones......
"all by myself, don't want to be, all by myself"!!!!
The day has finally come, after 16 wonderful weeks of having my darling husband at home, that he has returned to work :-( Oliver and I are heartbroken - missing him terribly, and wishing that the lotto ticket we bought on the weekend had come off so that Daddy could stay home and play some more.
We are so lucky that P was able to have so much time off work - and all three of us a grateful that this precious time has allowed him to develop a strong relationship with his little boy. Oliver really is daddy's little boy, and I think it is going to hit him hard not having daddy at home this week....but boy it's going to make the weekends special!!
The last few weeks have been a bit up and down with P sick as a dog for 3 1/2 weeks, and the Ollie-bear teething and having a virus as well.....needless to say it has not made for happy nights for any of us - whilst P has sweated it up with high fevers in the spare bedroom, Oliver has been intent on breaking all sleeplessness records by having 2 nights where he did not keep his eyes closed for more than 20 minutes at a time.....poor darling was exhausted...and poor mummy literally started to fall asleep standing up at 4am on the second night!
Fingers crossed we have turned a corner....P is no longer sweating through 3 pillows a night, and last night Ollie slept for an hour at a time - I never thought I'd be happy being woken up 9 times a night - but it's a hell of a lot better than 25 times :-) It's all relative.....
So, for now, Ollie and I are going to have to get used to our new routine of just the two of us during the week....I'm sure it will take a little while to adjust but in time we'll fall in to some kind of rhythm.....I'll be a domestic goddess in no time!
No photos today sorry - will attempt to get some photos and video of our week at the beach up later this week...as well as some photos of Oliver's first appearance at International Adoption Day yesterday - he was a little star :-)
T xxx
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hello Beautiful Mamma,
thinking of you lots this first week.
I am feeling the rising panic as I prepare for our girl's Daddy going back to work in just two more very short days . Arrrrghhhhhh where has that time gone. Weren't we just home from China a few days ago???
Why is it just this week that Missy Dee has decided that she does not always need a sleep in the middle of the day either? Mummy really, really, needs her to have a sleep in the middle of the day.:)
Remember I am only a text away.
We can do this, really we can, we are strong, smart, independent women! ( why then do I feel sooooooooo scared ?)
Love and Hugs to you and to P and to the ever gorgeous Olly Moo
S xxx
hello beautiful parents and Ollie,
yes Ollie was a little star at ID and little E was very keen to smooch up to him....it is always a sad day when daddy goes back to work but as you said makes those weekends and afternoons so so special. i hope that more sleep is happening at night for all of you. take a leaf out of my book and stay in your pj's all day if you have too.... the joy and luxury of being at home with our children is wonderful, all the best getting into your new movement, and when you are free to play let us know, we can all be sleep deprived in a park sipping coffee together xoxoxoxoxoxo
OHNO!! Sounds like it hasn't been too pleasant at your house, of late!
Glad P is feeling better... fingers crossed Master O realises, that night time is for sleeping! Sleeplessness is the absolute worse thing!
Hi,
I'm not sure how I came across your blog... but I've been following for quite some time now. I keep checking in hoping for an update... and hoping you are OK. Hopefully you are just busy?
I'm in Melbourne and am adopting a baby boy from Taiwan. He's currently 7.5 months old. :) We're currently waiting to bring him home.
Anyway, I've really enjoyed following your journey, and hope to see some more of your gorgeous boy!
Amanda.
Post a Comment