
Well...we are packed...finally. Initially packing weight was 11kg over our limit...eventually, at 3am this morning, we reached weight limit. God knows what we threw out of the cases in the end - we were so tired and hungry we couldn't think straight (I wouldn't let P eat until we got the suitcases sorted 'cause once he eats he does his little "homer simpson" act and is useless for the rest of the night!! treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen I say!!). Sorry...got sidetracked there!
We're hoping that we might get extra weight limit once we get Ollie....which I fully intend to use purely as "shopping weight". Oh yes, I'm looking forward to shopping in China - one of my batch buddies (yes YOU Princess SarahB) is known throughout the land for her shopping prowess..I am a mere beginner but I look forward to learning from the best.
So, we are heading to Hong Kong TOMORROW and will have 3 nights there (sleeping. eating. sleeping. getting massages. sleeping) before heading to China on Friday the 17th. We'll then have a couple of days to find our way around before
Meeting Oliver
on the 20th (don't know what time yet).
Still all feels so surreal...maybe because we are so sleep deprived that we can't think straight! I think I will be the first mother in history who gets more sleep after the baby comes home than before...
Hopefully we will be able to update this blog from Hong Kong and China. We have our lovely new (small) laptop, so internet connection willing, you will hear more from us soon.....
We are also on email and T's mobile will hopefully be able to send and receive texts....we'd love to hear from you!!
Love,
T and P - the soon-to-be weary travellers xxxx


4 comments:
Hopefully you'll both be catching up on some much needed sleep but somehow I doubt it! Reading your blog it feels so much like we're right there. You sound so deliriously happy to finally be meeting your son! Safe travelling and can't wait to read your entries when Ollie arrives (if you have time that is!!) Thank you for sharing your blog with the world - your little ray of sunshines spreads a lot of warmth :)
I hope your new laptop will allow you to email photos right away. You've got all of us (well, I'll speak for myself here) ME keyed up and eagerly awaiting scenes from the first meeting, etc. What an incredible adventure!
SAFE TRAVELS MY FRIENDS!!!
You'll get an extra 10kgs, when you bring Ollie home! (I used every gram!!)
Looking forward to seeing pics of your journey to O. Have a great time and rest in Hong Kong and will be thinking of you on the 20th
Post a Comment