Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Glorious Chubbaliciousness

We received updated measurements of our little (or not-so-little!) Ollie yesterday....

Apparently he now weighs 10kg (at 7.5 months). Gulp...guess I'd better add more rice to the baby carrier (I bought a baby carrier a few months ago and have loaded it up with 8kg of rice....I walk around the house with it on for about half an hour every day in order to try and get used to the weight, and avoid nasty achy back in China. The neighbours must think I'm insane....)

The measurements given out by China need to be taken with a grain of salt (or maybe, with a bag of rice!) as they are often overestimates of the children's true weight...probably the children are weighed on dodgy scales, fully clothed in their 2000 layers that the nannies put them in to keep warm.

Regardless, I'm not risking it.....Time to buy some more rice.....

T xxx

2 comments:

Mama Gringa said...

Hahaha... I think its a GREAT idea - not crazy at all! How else would you be prepared to carry a 10kg baby around the place! Add another bag of rice!

xx L

Anonymous said...

Hey T & P. Luv the Chubbalicious post. Great idea to cary around the rice. By the sound of him, you may need a whole field soon. As you say though, they do wrap them up with lots of layers to keep them toasty!

xx P